X Platform Software Release 8
For better, faster, safer, greener solutions
X Platform upgrades
Introducing the new X Platform Software Release 8
Appear continuously provides product improvements to deliver the highest standards of quality, functionality, performance, and value to our customers. As a result of this work, we are pleased to announce the general availability of X Platform System Release 8 for all customers with a valid SLA.
This release includes many new features and module enhancements to make the most of your existing equipment. If you have a valid SLA and wish to download the software upgrade, please complete the form at the bottom of the page.
If you do not have a valid SLA and would like access to System Release 8, please contact us.
...with the highest quality implementation of compression standards that maximise the quality/bitrate ratio
- Additional enhancements to Prometheus and SNMP network monitoring tools, leading to improved performance, reliability and security.
- Enhancements to the XPanel Contribution application for DSNG, with support for BISS descrambling on monitoring input and IP-output for monitoring and control.
- AVC/HEVC compression modules support user-configurable NMOS labels to let operators customise the NMOS nodes to their environment.
- AVC/HEVC decoder supports SDR/HDR signalling according to SMPTE ST 352 VPID in the SDI signal to enable automatic configuration of correct colorimetry in SDI devices such as monitors.
…with the lowest latency platforms for high-speed video networking, enhanced IP security and advanced compression
- NMOS support on JPEG XS compression for TS 2110, facilitating integration into the 2110 environment on the IPx210 module. A standardised and interoperable solution for high-quality image compression and networked media transport, making it easier for organisations to adopt IP-based workflows.
…with reliable solutions that support redundant network infrastructure and offer advanced firewall functionality
- New automatic configuration backup function in IP Gateway that allows it to automatically backup its configuration settings at regular intervals and store it on a remote network location. This makes it possible to retrieve them from anywhere and prevent data loss, saves times on manual backups, and meet industry requirements for data backup and retention.